View Single Post
      09-17-2023, 07:04 AM   #81
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfbmw View Post
Do you still feel safe driving the car after it was repaired? Mine is getting fixed currently, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to trust the car with my family in it since it took off on its own.

Does anyone have a take on why it mostly appears to be 8 series models having this issue? My theory is that this could be from some kind of fault in the driver assistance features such as the parking assistant or collision avoidance/ braking systems and that these systems are overriding driver input at inappropriate times.
My M850i has had issues with collision avoidance system randomly triggering since the car was new. It's now a year old and the problem is worse, happening more often. I'm sick and tired of driving an expensive car that at any time can suddenly swerve left on its own accord. Plus I do think it's a safety concern because I don't want it swerving me into oncoming traffic or into a concrete boulevard.

It's not just the 8 series that has issues. Some other models have had issues with the forward collision mitigation suddenly slamming on the brakes.

The issues with my car does not generate any fault codes so the dealership has no idea how to troubleshoot or even fix the issue. They can just throw parts at it and hope that fixes it. I'm actually surprised they cannot audit the sensor logs to show how many times the system is triggering.

I keep asking my dealership to escalate the issue with BMW, but they just seem to drag their feet. In a week I will drop my car off for the 4th time and this time I'm just going to say I don't want it back until it is fixed.

Rob
Appreciate 0