wfbmw
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 F92 M8 Comp

M8 surges and crashes itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarna View Post
I have a 2022 M850 xi convertible. Few weeks ago, got a message 'Driving comfort temporarily reduced.' Took it to dealer & got it back after a week or so. They had to change a battery and replace a computer module. Car was running fine for a week or so until I was parking the car and without any warning it lunged forward! A concrete wall was 3 feet in front of the car and no sensors were activated, auto brakes did not work even though I was literally standing on the brakes!! The car hit the wall causing damage to the front. Its with BMW dealership now & they have asked BMW USA to analyze the data in the 'black box' to see what transpired.
Any thoughts, comments?!
mcsarna, this exact thing happened to a family member pulling our 2022 M8 coupe into the garage. The car surged forward on its own accord, colliding with the garage. We are certain that this was not driver error, and have noticed a few similar incidents posted on the forums. Has the situation been resolved with BMW? I am trying to determine the right course of action to take here and am very interested in what happened to you and how BMW handled it. I also found another thread with a similar story "Sudden Unintended Acceleration - M8 Drove itself into a pole" posted by user Edlover.
Appreciate 0