View Single Post
      08-30-2023, 07:37 PM   #115
M8Bimmer
Not a good Canadian sheep!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
Regarding the Bavsound under seat ghost subs, I have them (3 years old so could be V1) in my G30 5er with the HK audio system. I installed them and adjusted the equalizer according to recommendations from Bavsound and the result is marginally better than stock for the SXM source I mostly listen to. On TuneIn streaming it is more pronounced. Then again, Dr says my hearing is deteriorating at certain frequencies so that could be part of it. And I haven’t listened to a fully stock HK system for comparison so it could be much better than I perceive it to be.
As a lifelong audiophile myself, I can offer this thought. When an already existing top of the line speaker system exists, it's very hard to get to the next level. So if your original woofers were already pretty good, getting a better sound is hard. Say if the system sucked in the first place upgrading is easy then. But if they sound great to begin with upgrading is much harder. So a noticeable difference is hard to achieved. Also some installs simply limit the performance no matter what you do.
This is why many studios seek out the vintage speakers of the 50's, 60's and 70's. Some of those speakers were the best ever made.
It doesn't have to be new to be excellent. Some stuff is just hard to improve on. Audio is that beast. Once you get to the top level it's hard to go further. Sometimes money does it of course.
And yes, our ears have a huge impact on sound. As we age it goes bad....lol....kinda.
My hearing is not as good as it once was either. Highs go first.
Appreciate 0