08-13-2023, 02:13 PM   #26
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
It absolutely is about wanting or not wanting a company to fail on BP. There's a strong undertone of anti-EV sentiment on this site. I know you know that. There was a wildly popular thread on this site created several years ago that claimed TSLA wouldn't be a going concern in short order. I wonder where that thread is now.

And no need to break down the economics and order of operations of what needs to happen, when, and how. I'm well versed in how this all works. And what RIVN is set out to do can be done just as TSLA did it. The primary difference, for better or worse, is TSLA was a first mover. TSLA was largely free cash flow negative until sometime in 2018. It took over eight years to get to that point. A primary cog, not the only one, in the success wheel for RIVN is a function of the availability of capital and investors willingness to keep funding the business. The investors know what they're in for. This is the proverbial long game. RIVN will not be consistently free cash flow positive for many years. I'll say this to the folks who seem to know more than everyone else with respect to RIVN's fate: Take a six or seven figure short position in RIVN. Do it.

Look, I think we're generally aligned on this. I also am very interested to see how this works out. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not a material investor in RIVN.
Yes we seem to be generally aligned.

I don't care who thinks what about RIVN or its products.

This is an interesting exercise in capitalism and Business 101. That's all. I make no predictions on RIVN's fate, only that they are on a large, steep climb.

I own no RIVN shares, and I don't own their products. Under the current circumstances, I have no intention of investing or buying their products in the foreseeable future. If conditions change, I may or may not change my position.
Appreciate 1
Clark_Kent2247.00