View Single Post
      08-06-2023, 06:17 PM   #37
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
At least they now have wireless android auto and maybe someday they'll throw a HUD in if we're lucky.
This a whole discussion in the 911 world. Porsche has a great HUD in the Cayenne, Panamera and I believe, Taycan. It's a mystery with a lot of theories as to why they don't put it in their sports cars.

Quote:
I think I read a Taycan has 91 options.
One way to look at it is that it allows a wild amount of personalization. You can't think of it as adding options. You gotta think about it as building your car. Leather cup holder cover. Painted or leather-covered air vent vanes with or without contrast stitching in a color of your choice. Three or four headlight choices. Clear or smoked taillights. Pick your wheel style, then pick their finish.

And oh, the Porsche PTS program. It's all pretty wild and gives to a chance to have a truly one-of-a-kind vehicle.

Quote:
Sounds like if I end up getting one I should put in for an allocation somewhere in the middle of my M8 ownership.
That sounds about right. You should be able to order without an ADM these days, but you may have to do a bit of looking around for that if you don't have a history with your dealer. Make sure your deposit's refundable and if a new 6 is announced, you'll have a fun choice to make.

Quote:
It also seems that European Delivery is still a thing in Porsche-land. Another al la carte cost compared to the free BMW PCD and ED.
Ya. That's honestly one of my biggest regrets about taking Porsche off the table. I've done six BMW EDs and had planned one last big hurrah - a month in Italy with a new 911. It's one of the reasons that I think I'll eventually give in and go back.

Quote:
Must have had some mild winters up there unless you put some all seasons on it.
Not a chance. Each November, I put the 911 in storage and pulled out of storage a series of "winter beaters." My last one was an M4 that I did an October ED with and had my dealer put winter tires on it prior to delivery in December. They never came off the car for the entire time I owned it. Only drove it in the winter. lol

Of course, every once in a while, I'd get caught with the 911 in an early or late storm. That got a bit dicey.
Attached Images

Last edited by hinckley; 08-07-2023 at 06:20 AM..
Appreciate 0