View Single Post
      07-03-2023, 05:06 PM   #25
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
Rep
Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Good looking SUV. Did you cross shop the Telluride? If so, what were the material differences?
Hi...yes, for a minute.

This all started with my wife's 2017 Honda CR-V getting totaled in a recent hail storm here in Colorado. It was the first time we've ever had a car totaled. We knew we wanted to replace it instead of salvaging it so we both started some research. My wife loved the size of the CR-V and it just worked for her. After doing some research, I was kinda set on the Telluride or the Honda Pilot. When we started looking at the dealerships, and considering my wife's wants and needs, (who am I to complain with the car I have) she wanted something a little smaller. So, the Telluride and Pilot research shifted to the Sorento and the CR-V.

For us, the Sorento just seemed a better fit. At 45k you can definitely step into a Telluride, but much lower down on the trim level...or you can get a decked-out Sorento with some amenities you usually find in higher-end/priced SUV's. Apples to apples in trim levels, I think the Telluride would run ~7-8k more. I think it all depends on what works for you and what you're wanting.

*Side Note* I'm very careful with my car parked as far over as I can in the garage to mitigate the margin for mistakes. The smaller Sorento helps with that mitigation...the Telluride or the Pilot would be a bit cramped for my style in the garage.

The Telluride is pretty damn nice IMHO...but the size difference is noticeable. It's about 3.5" wider, (before the larger doors are opened) and about 8" longer. I think the height is very comparable.

It's all about what's important to you and what fits your needs. A nice comparison page here: https://www.edmunds.com/car-comparis...veh2=401972549