View Single Post
      06-06-2023, 01:48 PM   #20
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I saw that apple VR release video, great marketing, but def can see this being just the beginning. I could easily see people no longer even interacting with other people for the most part, instead just living in VR with AI. Relationships, friends, activities, you name it will be tailored exactly how you want it. dopamine will be pushed to unlimited range, pretty nuts. Not for me, but Im old school
That’s already started. Humans are built for personal connection and not connection through a computer. So many people (myself included as I type this lol) have their heads buried in their phones. Why when we are so connected through technology today people are so lonely? The studies show more loneliness and increased medication usage for things like depressions and anxiety. I wonder if the creation and move to virtual, augmented, or AI will rewire how we are as humans to an almost robotic way. Look at some of these kids today. They can barely look you in the eye and have a convo. My friends teens aren’t out and about like we were. Also, people hide behind their keyboards and are down right evil and hateful these days because you don’t have to see someone and say it to their face. I get things evolve and change but it doesn’t look like a positive outlook from a humanity standpoint.

Someone mentioned cures for diseases. I would be curious to know how the medical field will pivot to make money once they cure diseases that are profitable.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10876.00