View Single Post
      05-03-2023, 07:19 AM   #345
GTS Daddy
#Driver
Rep
Drives: '23 G80x

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
Hurucan STO - Terrible visibility and meh performance for the price. It's just a hurucan with a body kit. Sound is awesome, but I'd rather have an R8 since it's easier to live with
SF90 - Terrible dash and infotainment, boring power delivery, but looks sweet, these are going to depreciate HARD
Aventador SJV - Sounds like sex but is a pretty meh drive. Transmission sucks
F8 Tributo - It was just ok. I did check out one with a NASTY exhaust. sounded amazing
488 Pista - I drove two, one was a rattle trap the other was just ok
Audi R8 - If I bought one I'd spend another $200k on it to build the piss out of it and twin turbo it, which would mean I'm burning 200k in a fire basically. Couldn't do it, bad capital risk.

Stuff I didn't look at;
812 Competizone - I'd want a competizone because they look like sex and the engine is a musical instrument, but again, I don't want to sink this much money into a car and be subject to the insane depreciation as I put miles on it.
AM V12 Vantage - Didn't want a GT car, depreciation bomb, and reliability concerns

I'm after a 992 GT2 RS. I'm #2 on a list for one... We'll see if I get it. Friend sent me videos of his 3RS and it's just nasty. Looks like a whole bucket of fun.
I'll chime in as someone with experience with some of these on your list.

Hurucan STO - Sure the visibility sucks, but its so bonkers of a car to drive/experience in person. People loose their shit around it! A real exotic supercar!
SF90 - I agree with every negative sentiment you have mentioned.
Aventador SVJ - Sounds AND looks like sex. Not sure about that "meh" drive comment as I thought it was quite the experience. Lotsa money though and yes, transmission is down compared to pcar and the Mac's.
F8 Tributo - Wish I had more to say about this. No experience.
488 Pista - Not a fan, uncomfortable seats, fast as f*$k, would rather have a Speciale for that special, final NA Ferrari V8 feeling.
Audi R8 - Can't stand these and I have no idea why people even like them except for being the budget Huracan. Awful seating position, meh styling since they lost the side-blade, and not very engaging to drive. I would take nearly ANY Huracan over ANY R8.
812 Competezione- Have only experienced the Superfast and WHAT A MOTOR! Yes, its more of a GT car but F-me, that motor!

I happen to be lucky enough to have a 1 degree of separation to Andy at Porsche GT. On occasion, little nuggets of joy get trickled down to me. He shared with one of my "well-to-do" customers that out of every GT pcar from the past decade, the GT4RS is hands down the most engaging driver's car they have made! He simply LOVES it! I have also heard that the 992.2 GT2RS will be a certifiable weapon on a level of straight-line performance with upcoming cars like the Revuelto.

As a suggestion, I have yet to drive the new 296 GTB, but have only heard amazing things.

Fortunate to be a person in your position to be able to consider such iconic machines!

Last edited by GTS Daddy; 05-03-2023 at 07:27 AM..
Appreciate 0