View Single Post
      04-19-2023, 01:56 PM   #1
ALM504
Registered
Rep
Drives: M8; Porsche Cayenne GTS

On why I find all criticism of the M8 to be dumb and stupid.

The M8 (mine being a 2020 non-competition convertible) is not perfect... I guess? But, I take any criticism of it personally.

I almost didn't buy one because of the reviews and complaints about how uncomfortable the seats are. I can't drive almost any car more than 2 hours before my gluteus medius (hip muscles?) begin to ache so bad I have to stop. I drove the M8 12 hours + 6 hours (with a break of 3 hours to sleep).

1. It's not pretty enough - It is handsome and understated (I had an SL; my wife said it was very a much an "elegant lady", too her the M8 is a grown ass man with nothing to prove; like prime Mike Tyson in an Armani tux, casually smoking a cuban, or OG Sean Connery James Bond)

2. "It looks like a Mustang" - kinda, but OK, so what? See 1.

3. For the reviewer who said it's TOO powerful - I don't think I need to explain why that's beyond dumb and stupid;

4. Too sporty / not "comfortable" enough - LOL; "Mommy's gonna' make it all better, sweetie"; I mean, did I buy an M8 so it would be like an S63? Or did I buy it because I wanted a luxurious M car? AMG puts a big motor and harsh suspension on a luxury car and that car is better at the stated task? Again, dumb and stupid (S63 = Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.94 g; M8 = Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 1.03 g, the acres of leather are about equal and BMW does tech better than anyone [remember when all the reviewers hated iDrive]);

5. "I'm an audiophile and the stereo isn't good / sucks" - LOL; first of all, if you own an M8 you almost certainly are too old to hear the vast majority of information the stereo is conveying and if you don't know that, you're not an audiophile; second, if you were an audiophile you wouldn't compare a car stereo to a home stereo that should cost $30k + if "you're an audiophile"; third, play it at reference volumes (80-90 percent) with the top down and tell me again how bad it is; too get anything similar on the aftermarket in terms of quality, aesthetic, and integration would cost far more than $3,500.00; not enough bass = you love the sound of distortion.

I think there will be more to come, but I want to thank all of the complainers, and reviewers who are so indebted to Mercedes and Audi for driving down the price of the M8 - my wife has agreed that I won't have to share my second one with the family when I get it to replace my Cayenne GTS.

Last edited by ALM504; 04-19-2023 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 4