04-11-2023, 11:50 AM   #18
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
I think Spotify sounds way better than SiriusXM. My last two F90s both had Bowers & Wilkins and my current M850 only has the lowly Harmon Kardon - but Spotify is still better sounding than Sirius. My one year free Sirius subscription is up next week and I will not be renewing. It will the first time since 2005 I have not had Sirius in the car. I just don't listen to it any more - I prefer my own Playlists for music and never listen to the news anymore either. The car is now my sanctuary. I even look forward to just driving it to the grocery store for eggs. Funny how it's 2 miles to the store and 7 miles to get back home. Dunno how that happens.
I renewed using the tactic shared on the forum (which works similar to any cable provider, etc.). Just ask for a discount and if need be get escalated to the "retention" team. For SiriusXM it's been simple with no escalation required. You can get the music service only for $4 per month but I opted for the platinum at $11 as when the wife is in the car and our resident sports fanatic sometimes we'll play the NBA or NFL game coverage during the drive.

I could have lived with the music service only as Ozzy's Boneyard plus Watercolors is a staple while I'm solo in the car. I have 2TB of hard rock and jazz on the SSD but those two stations turn me on to some new music in either genre that I find valuable.
Appreciate 1
snowbimmer5338.00