sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
what I am saying-

"Don't worry about driving cars and unlimited mileage or resale."

This is bad advice for something like a newer M car... people don't want one in as the 2nd owner with higher mileage. Above 30K miles, takes a serious beating in resale and just looks bad. Maybe if you are keeping the car forever sure (except most newer M car owners never do)... which is why the used M car market to me is really small because you have everyone that can afford new and the secondary market is clappers with higher mileage or low mileage closer to new MSRP which no one wants...

I don't think those cars are meant to be driven high mileage... hard yes but not mindless highway cruising.
Hmm, I don't think that poster's statement is meant to be taken completely literally. Personally, I never care about resale value, the cars are mine and mine alone and I will try to be virtually their only owner, but for sure I realize some ppl wanna change cars all the time/get some of their $ back/get bored, etc. To me, I think it's kinda silly keep the car nice(r) for the next owner: I couldn't care less.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0