01-02-2023, 10:35 PM   #43
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23TripleBlack View Post
Update. I had a survey after my service where I explained my issues and the steps that the dealer took to resolve that didn’t resolve. I received a call from the dealer today offering to speak to BMW and propose full brake system replacement and provide me a comparable loaner during this time. He did caution that it’s not a slam dunk to get BMW to agree to full brake system replacement. If they can’t get that done or can’t get it fixed another way, they floated idea of buying the car back and ordering me a new one. I’ll update as I get more info.
I'd tread lightly on allowing them to tear your car apart. More than likely the squeal will reduce over time to what most other owners experience. Or you can let them have another go at it at your first oil service.

I've been through what BMW calls "trade assist". I highly doubt they'd approve it in this case and not without more work being done to address the problem. That said see my note above. I do suggest you give it a few weeks. Since I started this thread I've already noticed a reduction in squeal from my 840GC.