View Single Post
      11-28-2022, 11:40 AM   #135
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Airplanes are interesting, and I know a little bit about them. I'm in a SR-71 Blackbird FB group because that bird fascinates me just like Concorde, Messerschmitt Me-262 Schwalbe and Jefferson Airplane

Sorry(probably) to put this video here and it's about WW2 and the dawn of the rocket age so to speak.

Very interesting, more so because from my hometown(where I am now) the Jerries transported V2's and all that stuff to Gaasterland nearby the big lake (about 30 miles from here, in the woods) to get those b*stards launched and heading for London...

as stated in a comment:
Quote:
Lodewijk Vrije
3 jyears ago (bedited)
V-2's were launched from at least 3 locations in the Netherlands not only Den Haag(The Hague). but also 6 from the area around Serooskerke(province Zeeland, near Flanders southwest Netherlands). and 77 from a forest in "het Rijsterbos" (the riders forest, rijster meaning a person riding a horse as there used to be a horse track in the forest)
In bold that's overhere in Gaasterland, Friesland. I'm from Heerenveen Friesland, Netherlands.

But anyway. The 'positive' thing about war is faster evolution of mech/tech/usable things and inventions/engineering and above all progress PROGRESS in the scientific way. I'm now being ironic off course but it's true unfortunately...

Guess my avatar

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 3
3798j11686.00
vreihen1615622.00
dradernh4485.00