View Single Post
      11-08-2022, 12:23 PM   #12
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I'm curious, who exactly is out there that beats FCP's prices on parts by a significant amount assuming you don't have connections that most of us don't have like working at a dealership or the like? I've found FCP's prices to be within +/- 5% of other places and they often can get the parts faster and ship it out faster. Plus, if you put something in your cart, they'll almost always email you a 5% discount code within 24 hours.

And, I've never sent back consumables. My time is worth more than that hassle of packaging it. Also, as an environmental consultant and having shipped all sorts of environmental sample media in the mail, shipping spent oils and other liquids is borderline illegal and you're on the hook if that package splits open during shipment assuming the carrier didn't cause the puncture release. I vividly remember getting a 1am call from FedEx about a cooler of samples I shipped that was leaking "liquid" on a airplane loading cart. They were threatening me with having to pay all costs for cleanup using a HAZMAT team and would report me and my company to DOT for criminal investigation. I had to show them all my paper work and declarations showing that nothing in the cooler was hazardous and what was leaking was just water from a double-bagged Ziplock of packing ice. Once it was all settled, they put an absorbent around the cooler with plastic wrap and set it on to the laboratory. It that cooler had used oil in it (which could be potentially classified as a hazardous waste for flammability) and I didn't declare it, have the required training/certification, and labeling on the package, it could have been REAL bad for me that night. FCP certainly doesn't do a good job at conveying this and I'm certain most people sending back used oils are ignorant to the various laws and regulations. As I've told my staff, ignorance is not a defense in the court of law.