View Single Post
      11-04-2022, 06:45 PM   #7075
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
OK, I got a legal question. And yes I understand it might differ from state to state.

I am considering an event of 4 course meal with paired whiskey tasting. I KNOW I can't drive because even if I sipped just a little each I am a lightweight drinker.

I have a friend who is far from a lightweight. He may offer to drive. The road home is lightly traveled and few cross streets. The odds of a problem very small. But not totally irrelevant.

Question is this - "If I am a passenger in his car and know he is a little impaired and I am also impaired would I have any legal issues if stopped for a sobriety test?".

Also wondering if I would be liable if he had an accident and I was a passenger knowingly traveling with him in a legally impaired state.

For the record - I am trying to line up a ride ala Uber (doesn't serve out here but we have locals who earn a few bucks on the side). Seriously do not plan on chancing this if we go unless a 3rd friend of ours who is a recovering alky (as in not a drop in 30 years) is the driver. More of a rhetorical question.
Appreciate 0