Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by packet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Isn't this a normal reaction? When tragedy happens, it is quite a normal reaction to blame someone, or something for that tragedy. Unfortunately blaming has also not changed anything, because, I believe, we are dying spiritually. When we, as a society can accept the dying of innocents, especially children, we have to accept that we are corrupted morally. Matthew 24:12
And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. What changes will we accept to stop, or even curb these tragedies? Looking back, remember how much we had to change due to drunk drivers, smoking, and even more recently due to 9/11. But to tolerate children to suffer what soldiers suffer in battle, has to be unacceptable. I don't see this as a liberal, or even a conservative problem, but rather as an American (namely U.S.) cultural problem. As stated before, we can blame cops, guns, and even mental issues, but the real problem, I feel does not lie there. This is simply a spiritual problem.
You're correct. There seems to be a moral compass gone askew in society at large.
It just seems to me that there is a societal undercurrent (one that's becoming more visible of late) of blaming authority figures specifically the police, while asking a faceless entity (the government) for help… almost like a plea to a god (which is in itself denied vehemently because don't you know, shitting on people's religion is cool - unless it's a non-Christian religion, then the fear of being called racist stops them)

— your local curmudgeon
You get it! This makes me happy.
Appreciate 1
paquet629.50