View Single Post
      05-10-2022, 10:02 AM   #138
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
The big disconnect that I keep seeing is the owners promoting EVs often concede that while they enjoy them, they agree they do not work for everyone's lifestyle/use-case. But the government and auto companies are headed toward a path where there will be no other choice but EVs in the near future. Objectively (a dangerous word, I know), I think everyone can acknowledge the merits of an EV over an ICE vehicle. But what are the people that can't charge at home supposed to do when the infrastructure for mobile charging is going to be inadequate to support the future (massive) supply of EVs?

By 2025, we are going to have more EV options than you can believe. Do you seriously think automakers are planning on pumping these things out with the hope that the public will buy them? Absolutely not. They are making them because they know customers are not going to be given a choice. A large portion of millennials, and virtually all generations thereafter have given up on the possibility of home ownership because they are completely priced out of the market and can't compete with large corporations and "boomers" paying cash for houses sight unseen. Where will these people charge their cars? I know it's a very complex problem, but it all just seems so poorly thought out...
Appreciate 1
///d1837.50