03-08-2022, 01:49 PM   #43
Buddym850icoupe
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i coupe, C43amg sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
That sucks.
The oil message is common with 4.0 liter AMG engines. It’s just a sensor message that shows up occasionally and everyone ignores. Service has a hard time with dry sump engine oil changes.
The rest is uncool but nothing major IMO.
Our M8 and most other 8 series 2020 models had catastrophic AC failures requiring complete compressor exchanges (I think also the evaporator) taking cars out of service for weeks to months depending on part availability. Had to happen during summer of course…

That also sucked but since then the car has been a blast. It doesn’t blemish my experience.
Issues like this can happen and everything depends of how a dealer/manufacturer handles it.

Problem with the AMG GT models is that very few are made and most service departments are clueless how to service them properly (some dealers/cities excluded).

Hope you’ll find a good resolution to your issues
The oil message didn't bother me as I knew it was nothing.
The engine lights however led to my car being in the shop for a week while they were changing coils and spark plugs and doing diagnostics to figure out what the issue was. Concerning as the car had less than 2k miles at that point
The coolant was also concerning to me. Having to top off twice with the car under 10k miles is crazy.
The audio issues as also kind of a big deal to me. The first issue with the subwoofer I didn't find that severe as they acknowledged it and repaired it. The audio distortion that I have now however, they are refusing to even acknowledge its an issue. It's not even something subjective as I'm not talking about the depth of the sound or something. There's clear distortion at higher frequencies even at medium volume...
Anyways, horrible experience overall.
Most of the issues I wouldn't have cared for ie rattles, creaks, busted subwoofer, peeling off carbon fiber, rear steering failure etc if the coolant and engine lights weren't issues and if my audio worked fine.
The most infuriating thing is mercedes usa customer service... not the car itself. They seem to think that all of those issues are acceptable and not worthy of even an apology
Appreciate 0