View Single Post
      11-19-2021, 07:55 AM   #169
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Agreed on all accounts. The 2IS WAS faster - the main reason for this I believe was since Lexus didn't update their powerplant going into the 3IS, but added features increased the weight in the 3IS, that just naturally meant a slightly slower car.

As for the interior, I also whole heartedly agree. The 2IS had a simple but classy interior, and the 3IS tried too hard to go into this weird realm of aggressive and sporty but for an 80's car. It's like the only thing Lexus trickled down from the LFA was the interior design and none of the tech made its way over.

This was my 2IS interior, and I LOVED it:
Attachment 2746344
Yep! Exactly the same aside from mine being all black. I waited 3 months to buy one to ensure I got the color combo and package that I wanted. Had 3 dealerships tell me I was looking for a unicorn, but I prevailed. Oh how I miss my air conditioned seats. The 3IS only came with them on the cold weather package; go figure.

.....and that little single led in the cup holder was such an awesome touch. People always commented on their water bottle glowing in the cup holder.
Appreciate 1
wtwo318096.50