View Single Post
      05-31-2021, 12:52 PM   #21
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
I agree the chrome doesn't look as good it also looks more luxury and less sport. So if you want your five series to have a slightly aggressive look the chrome doesn't do it ,you want it blacked out. go look at an M5 you won't find any chrome....

I also have an M550i.... mine is a 2018 there is no chrome except there are little strips of chrome inside the door handles and it's been driving me crazy I want to get them wrapped in either cerium to match the rest of my trim or perhaps color matched the car.

I think also some people just want to change things I know there are plenty of guys here on the forums that did not like the Syrian trim on their 550 and they're swapping it out for carbon fiber or black partially it's just fun for some of us to change things. It also depends on the color of your car I've seen guys with white cars change the cerium trim to black or carbon fiber and it looks great whereas on other colors it doesn't work as well. I think of the darker color cars the cerium great contrast nicely I have a metallic blue paint and the cerium looks great against the blue paint I don't have an urge to change it.

But the chrome strips I need to get rid of.

I can see in your situation if you've got chrome on your grills and chrome and the bumper it gets harder to change all those parts out and it becomes expensive so you've got a really wanna change it to drop 1000+
Appreciate 0