Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Any time! The goal in creating this thread was to help create dialogue.

IF you are detained AND being investigated for a crime, you must identify yourself when the officer inquires about who you are. IF you are merely a passenger in a vehicle AND you are not being investigated OR the encounter is casual/consensual on behalf of the officer, you do not have to identify yourself. With that said - and as Murf993 already alluded to - failure to identify will only make the officer/deputy suspicious and result in further inquiries about/into who you are. It's attention you don't really need.

Exactly this!

By BAR you mean.....?!?!

Lots of company owned vehicles are registered out of state and driven here. It's no issue.
Bureau of Automotive Repair, basically like a state-sanctioned in-depth SMOG inspection where they will check EVERYTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Ohhhh! Good question. I believe so though. Plus you only have so many days to register a vehicle once you relocate here. The same applies to driver's licenses. The state can make it difficult for you very quickly.

Pepperoni!!!! Woot woot!
So the specific situation would be registering a car in Montana like many people do all over the country. I've heard CA has cracked down on that to some extent but not sure how true it is since I see it almost daily. It would be registered as company-owned by a company in Montana, and I have CA residence, license, etc.
We aren't really looking for out of state registrations. The only time it becomes a factor is if we pull someone over.
Appreciate 2
Vivek.1367.50
mahalom3163.00