12-02-2020, 12:34 PM   #13
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMWWINS View Post
Generally some will tell you that CC brake discs are designed to last for the car’s entire lifetime. I think this is rubbish and just a marketing trick to have people (even those who do not track their cars) eventually tick this little extra or looking especially for a vehicle that spots them - believing these brakes are trouble free and do not need replacing for a VERY long time (if the car isn't tracked) and possibly for all the years one possesses the car. When reading drivers' experience, reality is much nearer to what Wolf64 said and the mentioned mileage can actually be achieved with some very decent conventional discs such as the M Performance variant. I have gone with my M Performance brake discs for more than 80.000 km before replacing them and they were still not done. This just shows in terms of DURATION they aren't that far off though CCB have other advantages and qualities over conventional rotors which make people choose them over those.
I think it’s still important to point out that nobody should get these for longevity, rather for the lack of brake fade and more practically, the complete lack of brake dust. They also have a killer grip.

CCB’s are the one option I miss on our M8; we had them on our E63s and have them on our GTC. Personally, they’re worth every penny

I just want to make sure that special attention has to be paid when getting a car with CCB’s that is not factory fresh. A small issue can easily add a $10k repair bill...
Appreciate 0