View Single Post
      11-15-2020, 05:14 AM   #38
Baron G15
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G15 8 Series, Audi Q8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
The aSLA coding I bundled was only to activate aSLA in regions where it was not allowed due to regulatory restrictions, in the same way that the anti-dazzle does. I also added the extra speed adjustment for good measure.

If your coder followed my original coding for aSLA, or picked it up from a 3rd party such as trojanlaw's spreadsheet, then it won't have any of the new 07/2020 features, such as auto adjustment of distance, prevent undertaking, highway exit assistant, emergency lane formation, or traffic-light assistant.

WRT auto-adjustment it's hard to tell if it works or not. It doesn't adjust the distance (1-4 bars) graphically on my car, but what I have noticed is that it seems to automatically increase the distance between my car and the one in front, if there is bad weather like heavy rain. To the point that it 'seems' like it's using 4 bars of distance (speed ratio adjusted) when the display is only showing 1 bar.

I could be imagining it and its not doing anything. Only way to be sure is if someone has it native on their MY 21 G20/G05 and can validate my observation. All the other 07/2020 features work as expected so I'd be surprised if its a coding issue.
Yep, I sent him yours / Trojanlaw / Saunders spreadsheet as he doesn’t have many requests to code aSLA, being that he’s in the UK and aSLA is already present within idrive (albeit without many of the additional features active).

The two speed offsets for me was the key enhancement as most of my driving are country roads....I’m fine to have it stick to PSL in a 20mph & 30mph zone however, I wanted to be 10mph under the 60mph posted limit as many of the country roads are not safe at that speed....

Since I don’t have the WRT auto adjust feature I can’t comment on it but, it seems quite logical that it would behave in the manner you describe.....since I travel the same route every day I know precisely at what points assisted steering hands back control to me....I have noticed that during bad whether ( rain or fog) the system becomes far more conservative in taking control of the steering.....it doesn’t deactivate the driver assistance function entirely (in the way it would do for really dirty sensors or cameras) it appears to adjust the thresholds where it activates/deactivates particularly as it relates to bend radius.
Appreciate 0