07-16-2020, 11:20 PM   #187
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl650 View Post
Some of these comments trashing the M8 interior are getting ridiculous. I've driven BMWs exclusively since 1987, and none of the interiors came anywhere close. There's also nothing in the existing model line that's comparable to an M8 with Bowers & Wilkins audio, extended merino leather, and carbon fiber trim. My M8 in Marina Bay Blue with Silverstone leather and the carbon exterior package is stunning. (Lighter interiors clearly flow better, particularly with all of the silver speaker grills.) People stop me all the time to look at and complement the car. Based upon the forums, those of us who drive one of the 8-series variants seem very content. Yes, the car is expensive, and no, it's not for everyone. Personally speaking, I have no regrets. Isn't that all that matters?
Totally agree although I' haven been driving BMW's since 1987. The first one was my wife's X5 which I custom ordered with Dakota interior to offset her white exterior (picked Mineral White for that) requirements. For my M850i I fell in love with Fiona Red/Black and custom ordered it in full leather and built the car around it. Albeit that Fiona is a darker red but it still lightens up the cabin vs all black (which was never even a consideration).

In all of my encounters with the outside world (random people in parking lots, etc.) whom have commented on the car they have been nothing but positive. It generally starts out in regards to the Tanzanite Blue exterior which is a chameleon depending on the lighting but in the AZ sunlight the sentiment is "amazing". For anyone whom has engaged further to check out the interior the sentiment is nothing but "gorgeous" with often a positive expletive thrown in.

Although I definitely over paid for my custom build 2020 M850i coupe (one of the first 10 allocations for the US) vs a "deal" on a remaining 2019 (which nothing matched my requirements) I have zero regrets whatsoever. Regardless of any 8-series owner's "deal" (a great one just makes it sweeter) I doubt anyone has a single regret.
Appreciate 0