View Single Post
      06-18-2020, 04:45 PM   #124
delcara
Rep
Drives: 535d>M3>640i>M5>M4 > m850i

Yeah, so I'm a bit peeved that I didn't get 05.2020. My car insists that there's no update. For now, I don't care because I'm not aware that I'm missing anything. Reading about the new M5 LCI and Cloud Maps etc., I'll want that come August / September so will likely hold off.

RE: Music. Logged out of Spotify, logged into Deezer, signed up for their 'premium' high quality service thing @ £15 per month. Works in the car waaaaaay better than Spotify - the app for the car is vastly superior as is the sound quality. Had to spend £4.50 on an online service to migrate my playlists though, but I'm actually really happy with everything now.

I can't see the remote update working on my car ever, there's either a fault with BMW's back-end systems or it's simply not supported. Or they don't want to do it because they know it'll break everything and they'll be inundated with complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
So good news. My car is working perfectly, and no faults!

However, that's only because they didn't touch the software on the car

BMW Tech Support agreed that there was an update for the car - 05.2020.

The BMW dealership agreed there was an update for the car - 05.2020.

The car did not agree that there was an update for it, and so refused to have the software installed!

BMW Tech Support said they would have to physically see the car, but that won't happen any time soon since they are in Germany.

The BMW dealership suggested I talk to Connected Drive, so I have now sent them photos of the remote update screens, as even they agree there should be an update!

I'm tempted to do a factory reset, as that seemed to work for someone else here, but I obviously would rather not screw up the car!

Bayerische
Motoren
Werke
Unanimously
Krap

M
Appreciate 0