06-14-2020, 12:52 PM   #115
Pictor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Good news on at least it all stabilizing. Sounds like you are a "streamer" which may be hit or miss from a sound quality perspective. I don't use Spotify or Deezer but rather Amazon Music Plus HD. To my disappointment although the 8-series supports USB-C connectivity for audio pass through from the device (10x better than BlueTooth) at least in my case it appears to be locally stored audio on said device vs. streaming. You may want to give it a shot with Spotify to see if your mileage varies given the ConnectedDrive app.

The better bet but still not sure if possible is Spotify allows for downloading the music. Not sure that will work with the ConnectdDrive app but if so that would be a win as it would place it on the internal 40GB hard drive and the best quality possible. Another possibility would be to download to your phone, figure out the hacking necessary to move that to a SSD portable drive, plug that into the USBC port in the console and see if the Spotify ConnectedDrive app can utilize it.

I'm guessing all of the above is a whim and a prayer so your best bet is to go old school and load up a USBC SSD drive with MP3s, and play it that way. Step it up and go full HiRez FLAC files and you will be flat out amazed at the sound if you have a B&W audio system but even with H&K it will be leaps and bounds above the streaming experience.
There is a definite difference in audio quality between streaming via USB and doing it over Wifi. I don't care for CarPlay but audio streaming over the prerequisite Wifi connection was very good.
Appreciate 0