06-09-2020, 04:05 PM   #28
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Its a good deal as things clear up... why do I say this? Because the #1 dealer (Crevier) in the country is getting minute allocations on all models due to lack of production so others are getting even less. Even a slow mover has a supply and demand threshold where the dealer will say "fuck it" Im going to hold on to this car.

At some point if we want the car we just to sign and drive cause if we nickel and dime further that "other" person will come and grab it. 992's are going this way now- pre covid the max was 5-6% off and then right at the start one could get from 8-9% off but then dealers realized they wont get any more cars till August or even later. Demand superseded supply and boom the 992's were selling back at the 5% and lower. Now do I see this with the M8; not so much but if you can get 20% off plus a tick of flagship it might be a good thing. In reality they only have 11% at triple net plus flagship so they are taking a "digger" and holding some of the flag. It has to be a 2019 production car (still a MY2020).
Legitimate points and my comments seem too harsh in hindsight
I did say if it's the right build, that is the priority

The crazy thing is that we are incredibly spoiled with unheard of discounts on such a newly released car. BMW just messed up the launch that left so many dealers with expensive and slow moving inventory.

I remember getting our newly released E63s ED.1 in late 2017. Felt like a crazy good deal to get some discount while that car wasn't available in all parts of the country.

That said, apart from different regional supply/demand differences I don't see the discounts on the remaining 2020 M8's going away or dropping dramatically. Customers will not differentiate between a late 19 and early 20 build or if one is HEI or not. It's a 2020 and eventually will sit in the same showroom with 21 models.
Appreciate 0