View Single Post
      04-24-2020, 01:25 AM   #58
CarPhanatic
Rep
Drives: M850i 2019 coupe

new update still issues not resolved

What a nightmare IDrive is.
They should of contracted with organizations that actually know something about cloud computing, but here we are..

See my previous post. Have been dealing with issues and it seems it was the 3/2020 update that really undid us.

About 1-2 week ago there was an ota update, it seems to have restored the ability to push maps, destinations , etc... from app to vehicle. Anyone notice, it was a .30 update I think.?

I still have not had previous available news/weather/apps that were present prior to the 3/20 update made available.

This is a software issue and we are now left with a diminished and probably poorly staffed IT division at BMW to solve.

At this point, I am happy my car still starts.

I enjoyed the idea of the vehicle as a perfect trifecta of cutting edge technology, excellent performance, and practicality.

If one pillar falls, then it no longer seem like a a good idea. Perhaps it is better for one to just choose their passion and focus on that, instead of trying to get everything in one package in one vehicle?

Frustrating.Things will be resolved with "time" according to BMW support.

Would like to hear from anyone who has had any newer updates on the in car software?

Stay safe and healthy everyone,

H
Appreciate 1