View Single Post
      04-18-2020, 03:41 PM   #19
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Update

So the plan was to drop the car a bit but have some flexibility on height in case the ride quality suffers and I can dial it back up (wife with spine surgeries).

Covid-19 has made this more complicated plus we were still the dead of winter here in Minneapolis... 6" of snow over Easter

We were finally able to pull the snow tires off this week.

So with the help of Ben r33_RGSport who has been beyond helpful in getting this thing lowered
We need to find a way to carbon copy the guy or get him mobile!

Unlike the 8 series, there are no lowering springs available for the M8, adjustable or not, so the question is what works. limeypride got the 550 H&R springs and it looks great! The coupe apparently has a different rear than the GC.

With the very slow and cumbersome assistance of a local performance shop we have installed the MSS M5 adjustable spring set on the M8.
Added 18mm spacers in front and 11mm spacers in rear. Also bought a set of 5mm spacers in case the rear looks too aggressive but so far I like it as is.
I will install the 5mm spacers next week to take pics and compare both, in case others want to do the same...

Now we need to actually drive the car for a bit so that the suspension can settle properly but the front looks a touch too high but no biggie.
Car is also not quite level on pics. Sorry! Will take better pics in a few days...

Am very happy with the result. Not too low, ride quality is actually a touch better than stock!
We may put in shorter springs in the front once we see how the car looks after driving it a bit.

Curious to hear what you guys think!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport13126.50
Vic5519834.00