View Single Post
      03-30-2020, 03:00 PM   #368
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
If it's something non-perishable, we just let it sit for a day or two, including mail. From what I've read, the virus can only exist for about 24hrs on cardboard. On Saturday we got a package with some perishables. The Fedex driver said he sprayed it down, but I had him just set it on the floor of the garage and thanked him for the delivery. Then I wore work gloves to bring it to the door of the mud room and opened the outer package. Wifey grabbed the three inner packages, which had been in that box for more than 24hrs, and brought them inside. Washing your hands afterward is the big key here.
I have to say, this level of caution and package isolation seems rather extreme. Are you going to do this for another year or more because this virus is with us for the long haul. Hand washing is good practice when handling most anything and should be done, virus or not. So much fear is driving people to extremes though. The chances are most of us will eventually get it in the end.