View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 11:19 PM   #77
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
@ my arse....what a load of rubbish....software update da da....glad its all working for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Update on my Connected Drive situation. Got a text message late this afternoon stating the car was ready for pickup. He also included that the "@" in my password was causing the problem. I'm in IT and deal with all security aspects so my passwords are always complex (and include special characters).

Given the claim that all of Connected Drive was fixed I figured I'd try a Remote 3D View operation (using the new password - they substituted the @ with an "a"). Low and behold it worked perfectly and I did LOL on how the X7 behind the M850i looks like it is going to eat it (as in the grill being Jaws).

That said though I'm still not buying the password issue as it has been the same for Connected Drive since buying my Wife's 2017 X5 in December of 2016 and as mentioned all functions worked fine with the X5. Case-in-point when I get in the M850i to drive it home my entire iDrive settings were wiped out and the "home" screen was stock. The flashing PSL for exceeding was already annoying me so I quickly adjusted at a stop light.

All of my Media presets were gone so I also quickly set the source to SirusXM Ozzy's BoneYard and instantaneously recognized my B&W settings were wiped as well. Frustrating as I spent days dialing that in and now need to go through the painstaking process to reset them. I'm guessing you can all see where this is leading, i.e., when I finally was in that garage at home I pulled up the iDrive software release setting and sure enough I have a brand new load. My new version is 11/2019.55 which is 35 point releases beyond Noushy's 11/2019.20 which to this date I though was the latest.
Appreciate 0