View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 08:36 AM   #69
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Update on my end. Encountered the lack of driver profile recognition a couple of times today but at least on the drive home it properly worked. As for Connected I called the BMW Assist line as I had some time to kill between meetings this afternoon. Worked with a very friendly support resource whom provided similar instructions for the head unit reset as Wolfman64's after doing whatever diagnostics he could do on his end.

The one thing different from when I did that over the weekend is that per his instructions the app needs to be deleted from the mobile device prior to the reset. Given, I was calling from the office vs in the car he then started to enter a back-end support ticket and then said "oh, I see you have a atm2high communications unit so you'll need to go into the dealer". Apparently there is some sort of known issue with it but he did not know the details.

After uninstalling the app on both my phones I did the iDrive reset (timed it to exactly 70 seconds and noticed that it reboots twice in that time frame). Re-installed the app on my Pixel and low and behold I do have at least some connectivity now. The fuel amount had turned into a line on Tuesday and of course the last update still stated 2/13. Now I see proper fuel and mileage along with the update being this morning. However, there is no location data and when I tried to do the remote unlock it still failed. So a bit of progress but not much of a total solution. Guess I'm going to have to take it into the dealer.
Appreciate 0