Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm4w View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
The fact that this thread even exists is a testament to the marketing team at BMW. Take a volume seller/service loaner, throw some stickers on it, and bam, you got people believing they have something truly special. The same thing happened to Mercedes when the C450 magically changed to the C43 the next year. I get it, imitation is the best form of flattery, but come on BMW, you can do better than Mercedes and Audi.
To be honest, I think BMW does it better than Mercedes in terms of branding and differentiating M/AMG. Sure, someone could mistaken a M340i for a M3 or M car, but I think many would actually believe that a C43 is an AMG because of how similar the naming is to the actual 63 AMG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drF80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post

My argument is does the new M340i that's developed by the M division (which is apparently the main caveat for the ///M fanboys) with M division parts, sacrilegious to to have the M badge on its end when BMW GmbH themselves say so?

No one ever on the thread questioned that it's the premium M version. Its just funny to see /// M guys so offended because their car is getting watered down, what else could it be? Any real BMW person knows what's the premium car.

Is an Audi S5 which is the original Audi sport car now a less of a car even though the more recently developed RS5 line is the premium sport line of Audi? Who cares, don't get OFFENDED, love your car, don't hate on the brand(ing)...
Seems like you're foaming more than the "///M guys" about this.

A question for you: if I go to bmwusa.com or to global bmw.com site, how come they separate the 3-series and M cars, and the M340i is not under the "M" link?
Apparently you're not clicking in far enough when you're on the BMW USA website 'build your vehicle' option, because the writing on the wall is clearly right there:
True, Mercedes does it worse. The M340i and C43 owners are probably the same ones who would say "My M car" or "My AMG" when talking to others about it instead of actually saying the model LOL.

I have seen plenty of those at car meets already but it is what it is. I honestly don't care, it just makes me laugh hysterically on the inside.
But here's the thing - I actually don't think any knowledgeable M340i or C43 say they have a M or just an AMG. They know what car they specifically bought, it's just in the heads of insecure ///M owners that perceive that.

So I met a BMW M340i owner the other day because the conversation started with cars in general, when he said "I own a BMW too, I said oh cool, what model?" He specifically stated "I own a M340i". In which I replied "badass car man". I'm sure I'd get the same from a knowledgeable C43 owner stating what their car is in entirety.
Appreciate 1
EXE462104.50