08-02-2019, 04:32 PM   #12
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Agreed. The length of 215 inches makes it a strong no go for me. Hell, I'm considering a two door with the spare mounted inside just to keep it as short as possible. But I'm pretty sure the limited visibility would drive me crazy.

[IMG]https://excessiveindustries.com/uplo...i17_w2560.jpeg[/IMG]
I think the length is nuts; I agree. But, it is something that would work great for us. We talk of kids, so I think having the rear cabin space is going to be worth it compared to that of a Tacoma or something. To wrap it up into a single package to have a truck bed, I think this would be our option aside from a full size truck (which I don't think the Gladiator is far from - I measured my dad's old 2005 F-150 wheelbase at 139" vs the Gladiator's 137"). But I don't really see a reason for the full size truck because I lose the cool factor! A more capable Wrangler is how I see it. The wheelbase looks more at home on a 2" lift with 37" tires, but now I'm starting to go off the deep end...

And don't do that with your spare if you're planning on using the Jeep around town. I did that with a crawler I built, but that was a dedicated rig on 1 ton axles, stretched wheelbase, custom cage, coilovers, 39.5 tires, hydro steering, etc. It worked well for its purpose, but if I ever took it on the street it was impossible to see anything. But that was also effectively a 40" tire back there, too
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4465.00