United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
This is so true

I don't have kids, but back in Europe I have my first car (330Ci 5MT) being driven by one of my sisters. 2 kids, daily driver since they were born.
It can work just fine.

One does not need a stupid ass van or SUV to carry two kids. Learn to limit the kind of crap they are allowed to take on outings and that's it. The discipline may also avoid them from becoming spoiled little brats.
I beg to differ. Maybe you're not going on vacations or doing different activities but there's no way I would do beach outings without our SUV. Four beach chairs, cooler, umbrella, towels, etc. Could you cram that into an older 3er? Maybe. But why?

We go to Cape Cod some weekends and the whole back of my Grand Cherokee is full (up to my sight line) plus a bike rack on the back. If you have tiny kids, tack a bulky stroller onto that tab. Again... it CAN work in a smaller car, but why? I don't NEED central air in my house but I'm damn glad I have it. At some point, comfort becomes the priority.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0