Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
The point I'm making is a very simple one. It's better to not be bound by a contract at all. However limited the exposure, you're less exposed when you're not contractually obligated at all. This isn't disputable.
Any and all repairs that are required by the dealer upon lease returns are not outside reasonable levels that I would think anyone who has any respect at all for their belongings would do to an owned vehicle. Even minor curb rashes and dings are acceptable. So unless a car owner is willing to drive around with a dented hood or a rusty rip in the door panel or a bent rim, the responsibilities for a leaser to keep the car in good condition should not be significantly different than an owner.

Additionally, repairs and maintenance to keep the car in good condition is reflected in the residual value. A damaged or poor condition owned car will have a lower resale and thus lower residual value. Either way, the total cost of ownership of both leasing and buying will be negatively effected by damage and excess wear and tear.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0