06-07-2017, 01:03 PM   #191
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Once the question of pedestrian regulations take effect.
I was curious to know more about the expected production 8 series, particularly with regard to price and available engines. Was also curious about the modified photo that Scott26 attached to his post showing a smaller grill. Here is a portion of the article from Autobild.de that I found (using Google Translate) based on an interview they had with development engineer Klaus Fröhlich:

Engine and Prices: No V12 for the Coupé?
A look below the hood of the Concept 8 Series is unfortunately not allowed. What is certain is that the Concept 8 Series is powered by a powerful engine. So much we can betray: the study sounds really good! In the interview, Klausscheig is able to see that an 860i can not be excluded. However, the 6.6-liter V12 from the M760Li is probably too heavy for the sport coupe. Finally, a sporty BMW, according to Fröhlich, never under-steer. A hybrid version of the 8er would be quite conceivable, however, the E-engines currently still have too little boost in relation to the extra weight, so Fröhlich. Official information on the engines is not yet available at this time. AUTO BILD assumes that BMW will offer an 840i with over 300 hp as just under 100,000 Euro as an entry-level model. This could be a BMW 850i with 450 hp, and the top model is the now confirmed BMW M8 with 4.4-liter V8-Biturbo and well over 600 hp. The M8 is expected to start at at least 180,000 euros, making it the most expensive model in the portfolio. Just like the BMW 8er almost 30 years ago.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0