View Single Post
      02-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #173
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmwjunkiee View Post
Somewhat surprised we didn't make a move before the deadline, although that's starting to become a thing with Ainge. I'm sure they were close but were being asked to give up too much in exchange. Slow and steady for now I guess. I really like this squad, but to truly compete we need a star. For now we need a big who will rebound / guard the rim. Way too many easy drives and second chances. Here's to hoping we can at least get past the 1st round this year, then get some help from the draft gods above
I'm 100% okay that we didn't get PG or Butler yesterday. It would of been cool for the sake of it, but not mortgaging a potential flight risk.

Bird wanted the 2017 Brooklyn pick + 3 of the 4 from AB, Crowder, Smart of Jaylen... I would of told him to get lost. Maybe the pick, one of those guys and a deeper 1st round non-brooklyn pick.

Danny played this one correct, if you can't knock off CLE or GSW then it's not worth shedding valuable assets on cheap contracts or potential big draft picks. Jimmy nor PG would have taken us past them.

Press on with this season, give the guys some further playoff experience, take your picks and shoot for Hayward in FA and make some trades for a big man.