Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacblack View Post
2017 Toyota Highlander some nice improvements for 17 on them, tons of space and reliable of course. And it's going to hold its value better than all of the choices you mentioned.
We just picked up a leftover '16 Limited. I was hoping to wait for a '17 SE but we were running out of time and got a deal on the '16 that was too good to pass up. It's a very easy car to drive but it definitely lacks some features that should be standard - and at the very least, available - on a $45k car (xenon headlamps, heated wheel, remote start, rain sensing wipers, auto high/low beams, etc). The non-premium nature of the car is really felt when you close the doors as they just sound hollow and cheap.

The '17s added a few hp but now have an 8-spd trans and auto start/stop. The car doesn't have a enough low-end oomf to benefit from an 8-spd and auto start/stop is a very annoying feature (to me).

It's definitely reliable, but it's not much fun and lacks some value on features.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0