View Single Post
      12-15-2016, 10:30 AM   #17
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Given that they have lost their 10 year dominant position to Mercedes, not sure if this growth is worth anything at this stage.
predictions are that the trend continues through 2018:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uxury-car-king

5 series had a big gap to bring in new design, so is 6 series, (both fossils in terms of new design and trends).
So is X3, and they didn't do themselves any favor by introducing X4 with an old interior cabin design of X3 right from the get go.
3 series is almost outdated, 4 series was sooo close to their 3 series in terms of design that they both started eating eachother's market-share...
I think BMW has failed in delivering out of the box designs like they used to.
Their new 5 series is almost a clone of its bigger brother 7er. So it is good and bad.
Stuck too much on their I-series which is "half pregnant" IMO. doesn't offer a real "I want this" product for people who want sustainability. All electric i3 is small, unattractive and incomplete, and their I8 is great looking, but just a two 2-seater and very expensive for what it has to offer...and just a Hybrid and therefore, incomplete as well. Tesla winning this campaign so far. so no decent solution electric line-up.
6er will continue with this old design for another year or so, killing more marketshare. Will be taken by Audi's R7 and Merc's S.
5er will be out next year, and it will take a while before anything tangible happens and till then E class sells...
7er didn't reach enough expectations to be a strong contender to the rival SL.

Last edited by Shaw; 12-15-2016 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0