View Single Post
      08-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #161
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Oooh, opposing view. Must not let it be expressed. You're as bad as my university professors and cnn. It's obvious actually the opposite that you haven't done your research.

Global warming research blah blah blah blah

Hmmm

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature...e-caps-melting

Here, let me break it down for you.

You made this claim:

Quote:
Are the polar caps vanishing? No. There's more south pole ice than ever.
This, more than anything, shows you can't think critically or logically. Polar ice caps is plural, in there are two, usually referring to the North and the South. Just like I started with, you are using arguments like z=y to prove that a=b, in other words, totally unrelated things. Even if the antarctic ice cap has more ice than in recent past, it doesn't prove that the polar ice caps are not vanishing, it's a, not enough data, and b, contradicted by the overall mass of ice decreasing, as I showed you in the article.

Then, you used an article which basically cherry-picked the part about the antarctic sea ice reaching a maximum level, from the one I shared with you, except if you read on further in the article I posted, you realize that the overall level of sea ice has decreased and that "record" was more than offset by the polar cap decrease. But, your "sciency" guy in his article built his entire argument around this one facet, which doesn't show the big picture. He's probably laughed at by real scientists. In the face of overwhelming evidence, you, like the guy in the article you posted, latch on to something you believe disproves the overwhelming evidence (like the flat earth society), but it does not follow. It does not logically make sense.

This is why no one can argue with you, no amount of evidence could ever persuade you, no evidence will ever be "good enough" for you, because you have irrationally decided and can never change. It's similar to your irrational hate of the Tesla cars and company. Enjoy your 300 mile commute in the flat lands.

You might do well to listen to your university professors. The entire world is not out to get you.

Last edited by RM7; 08-30-2016 at 10:18 PM..
Appreciate 0