Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
Ok - my .02 on the 'water' is all you need thought and comments....

Carbs are the preferred fuel for the body. Calories that are not burned via exercise then convert to Glucose. Unused Glucose is stored in the muscle and body as fat.

As someone who once ate and burned over 9,000 calories a day - Not sure I completely agree with sugar theory regarding sports drinks.

Sugar is necessary in limited quantities for intense exercise, and sugar can/will be burned during and after intense exercise.

What is much more important - the essential electrolyte replacement.
It's not that the intended use for Gatorade is unhealthy. Her point is that the added garbage in Gatorade isn't in other suitable options.

I would hope that everyone knows about the 2nd grade health class information you and smoosh are posting.

But most people don't have a clue. Which makes these conversations great if someone is enlightened.

One of the more interesting things i've learned from her is about liver function and that most everything your body views as poison gets processed through your liver. And most of the ingredients in processed foods is viewed as poison by your body. When your liver is overloaded and can't process everything it will throw those "poisons" into fat stores for later processing. If your body don't have enough fat stores, the liver will trigger your body to create more fat to store the poisons. That's why most people who drink a lot are fat asses.

Of course as mentioned previously, level of activity and metabolism plays a large part in how individuals process the poisons. Because in addition to your liver throwing overload poisons to fat stores, you can aid in removing some of them through sweating.

Anecdote warning..... A couple of weeks ago, during a weekend where i burned about 3500 calories over my BMR, i indulged in 2 servings of a very rich dessert and then had a 3rd about and hour later. I was still about 700calories under my goal, but my body revolted about 6 hours later and flushed my system, with vengeance. Balanced nutrition is key.

Pro athletes can eat cheeseburgers all day because cheese burgers are somewhat balanced in terms of carbs, fat, protein. If not a little heavy on the protein if they are doing intense cardio workouts.
Agree.

Remember - the bulk of my fitness at that level was 20 years ago. Science as you outline is ALWAYS behind for the masses.

Elite athletes push nutritional boundaries the same as they do chemically.
Elite??!! The only thing elite about you is your Mrs and your age...

Fucking elite you made it this far...
Appreciate 0