View Single Post
      10-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #35
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BEASTMW- View Post
Thanks for the advice! I definitely want to enjoy everything I can, but if anything I've learned recently that certain cars are only enjoyable in certain uses. Case in point: although I think the S2k may be the most fun car I've driven, I haven't fallen in love with it as much as my two past cars (M5 and Integra), and I think it's mainly because it's only good at a couple of things (bulletproof enjoyment on a fun road/track) but sucks at just about everything else. Although I like it, I don't love it like I loved my M5, which put a smile on my face everywhere and was great at so many things, although of course wasn't as sharp and fun on a challenging road.

So as much as going all-out on an Elise and then having something modest for a DD sounds badass, in reality I'm afraid it would only mean that for 95% of my driving I'm not having much fun - either bored in basic car or punished in the Elise (remember my commute is a 70mph cruise). I've heard an S2k is like a Lexus compared to an Elise. Someone on S2ki is selling their Elise because their S2k does 80-90% of the same thing but with a lot less compromise. But yeah, I want to try one soon to see what all the fuss is about. I also worry a bit about the clamshell costs.

Haha I just married her, and she is awesome. Although she doesn't love it when I go to the track (for safety reasons only), she is supportive of my hobby and wants me to get an M3 now instead of later. She tried really hard to talk me out of selling my M5 because she knew how much I loved it, so she's a keeper
BTW I came from a tastefully modified 2006 6mt TSX ( i have owned 2 once the first hit 115K i sold it and bought my last one in '13, with 36k on it)
Let me tell you it may not be an M5 but I took it to multiple track days. And it was a wonderful car. I love Honda- had a ton of civics- swapped motors and stuff. The TSX would have been a very solid family car with just enough pleasure to drive all the time, and super comfortable. They are reasonable and definitely should be a consideration if you go the 2 car route.

If you do it i can give you some pointers, like the hondata ECU flash completely enhanced the car. I regret having sold mine but alas they are plentiful and fairly inexpensive.
You'll never regret pursuing what you really want....ever. You will, however, regret NOT doing things you wanted to do.
Appreciate 0