Thread: Tripod Talk
View Single Post
      08-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #22
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

The Sirui W1204 and Sirui Kx10 ball head.

I've messed around with it for a while. Done some test shots on my previous tripod and new one. Some 6 second exposure without mirror lock up or remote/timer release. It's stable enough to shoot long exposure without using a remote release. So very sturdy.

New tripod handles 39 pounds and the new ball head handles 44 pounds. I'm very impressed with how precise everything feels. All movement in the ball head feels like your operating a very precise hydraulic filled mechanism. The twist locks on the carbon fiber legs are 1/2 turn to unlock and same to lock. Legs have the same precise feel when you're moving them. Came with a very nice padded bag, shoulder strap, tools, spike feet. I'm excited to have a tripod that is easier to travel with now.

My old tripod without a head weighs more than the new tripod and ball head together. And in it's folded position it's about 11" shorter than my existing unit with a head.

Pic is over my old tripod without a head and the new one folded with the head attached. For reference that tile is 23" long.

The head uses the Arca-swiss type quick release so it works with all my Peak Design plates. I like it all so far. I don't have a lot of experience with different tripods, but i do have plenty of experience with mechanical items that are made with tight tolerances and these Sirui products, from my initial impression, are very nicely constructed products which use quality materials.

Here is a pic of the ball head.