02-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #219
focal
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i 6MT w/ MPS & MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
In 20 years everything is going to be electric? LOL, good one.....when I'm flying on a 100% electric jet, I'll believe it.

Its going to be a very long time before electric even starts to take over and not even in the next 50 years will that happen.
okay, I'll be more realistic; hybrids will be a majority of cars in 10 years and electric will be a huge percentage in 20.

currently hybrids are gas savers (prius), but as shown on the top end (P1, LaFerrari, 918), electric motors are great performance additions. The plug-in hybrid, with a range of 20-50Km as a pure electric will be a huge gain to performance cars in the near future (<10 years).

back on topic, the GT4 may just be one of the last few great 6MT, N.A. engine sports cars. The near future will be hybrids, PDK (DSG/DCT) that go faster, handle just as well and electronic everything.

The GT4 is already too modern, with the electronic brakes and steering for some old school guys. The 997 GT3 RS is where it's at for the pinnacle of old school.
Appreciate 0