02-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #201
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Then why waste your time with Mustangs and Caymans? The new Z06 will waste them both on any road or track, and it's priced right. Or buy a GT-R which again will monster both.

Personally I no longer care about a few seconds difference on track. Driver ability and confidence make up a lot more time than that, I can assure you. The Cayman will feel incredible on track because of its light weight and good weight distribution. It will be very easy on brakes and tires, which if your track a lot begins to add up like you wouldn't believe.

Of course none of this matters at all if you go by preference. If you love the Mustang then all other logical considerations go out the window, and there is nothing wrong with that. But if all you care are track times, then the Mustang is not king at all.
Mustang GT 350R looks like a king for the money at this time. Of course there are faster cars, but for much more $$$. I am not a mustang guy at all, but this one looks like something special. C7 Z06 maybe a little faster, but is much more expensive and has overheating issues due to the lean tune by factory design. GTR is not faster than zo6 and may not be faster than this mustang btw.
Appreciate 0