SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
This. Kap is far from the problem, much the same as everyone thought Tony Romo was what's wrong with the Cowboys...they put an offensive line in front of him, finally, and look at his performance now. These losing 9er games are showing the same thing to me.
Don't think it's the same thing.

When Kap had a solid O-line in front of him and was still able to run because the opposing teams didn't have a read on him yet, he failed to win the SB in 2012 and failed to win the NFC Championship in 2013.

Now that he does not have a solid O-line in front of him, he can't run either because he's been coached NOT to run OR because the opposing teams always have a spy on him to keep him from running. So, he's limited to trying to read defenses and going thru his progressions by pocket passing, like all good NFL QBs can do but which he apparently can't do to save his life.

End result: Kap either overthrows or entirely misses his receivers OR he gets sacked OR he calls time out (or runs out of time) because it take him too long to try to figure things out.

Proof? Just look at the Raiders (or any other recent) game to see what he did/didn't do. I taped but couldn't bear to watch the Raiders game. However, I was listening to it for awhile on radio while driving and the thing that stood out to me during the broadcasters' comments was how they kept saying that Kap seemed to be completely "flustered" -- their word not mine -- as Kap failed over and over again to get the offense moving.

Kap isn't a rookie any more. He's had almost 2 full seasons to prove what he can do and he's done NOTHING!!! All he's proven is that he could blow a SB winning opportunity and failed to prove that he could win from behind in a NFC championship game. Not sure that Smith would have done better BUT he couldn't have done worse.

But the Niners are pretty much stuck w/him because of Harbaugh's bone headed decision to bench Smith for Kap in the last few games of the 2013 season and the Niners' bone-headed decision to pay him a huge contract which he didn't [prove that he deserved.

Oh well . . .

Last edited by SSW; 12-09-2014 at 02:53 AM..
Appreciate 0