View Single Post
      12-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #21
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
I've driven a 991S and was very underwhelmed. Sure it was fun and sounded great, but it wasn't that much more exciting than my M3. An Audi R8 or a Ferrari F430 on the other hand won't perform as well as a 991S, but for around the same price they're more exciting. I'm not bashing on Porsche because I do love them, but besides the GT3 I'd rather have other others for the price of a 991S.
I certainly disagree. Don't think either an f430 or an r8 are as exciting to drive as a 991S.
To be even close to a 991S you need an r8 v10 or a 458 both of which are 2-3X more expensive and still aren't better driver's car.

The 991S motor is much torquier than the s65, and the m3 isn't even on the same planet as a 991S performance/handling wise.

The GT3 amongst the line up is a bargain though. For 130K you get a car that competes and or beats 600+ hp cars (458 Speciale, McLaren 650S). The GT3 RS is going to be something out of this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartelli View Post
Felt the same way, after years of hearing everyone and their mother bowing down to the 911 a few months ago, I finally took one for a 45 min test drive. My reaction was similar, unless you going 991T or GT3, there are many other cars that can get you 95% the same experience for much cheaper. I walked away wondering if I was from a different planet.

A Mustang GT gets you 99% of the experience of an M3 and in many cases better performance for 1/2 the price...guess you should have bought one of those instead.
Appreciate 0