M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Horner in trouble at Red Bull

03-05-2024, 05:19 AM   #507
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
New revelations:

"New developments in the Horner affair: Mintzlaff already wanted to terminate him!
A magazine publishes an explosive story that meticulously documents the affair surrounding Christian Horner - who was almost fired by Red Bull"
by Christian Nimmervoll · March 3, 2024 5:55 p.m

Google translation (German to English):
https://www-motorsport--total-com.tr...en&_x_tr_hl=en

Original (German):
https://www.motorsport-total.com/for...digen-24030308

Red Bull Austria decided to dismiss Horner on Feb 2, 2024 because of misconduct towards the employee. Press release was ready (something along the lines: "Red Bull GmbH confirms that Christian Horner has left Red Bull Racing with immediate effect. Red Bull GmbH will make no further comment on the matter."). Horner disagreed and threatened to sue - he forced an "investigation". Thai shareholder interfered pro Horner. Investigator submitted a report pro Horner and immediately went off radar (couldn't be reached for weeks). Red Bull Austria was dumbfounded by the outcome of the investigator report, as the evidence against Horner was, according to them, "overwhelming".

De Telegraaf had already reported that on Feb 3, 2024, Horner's lawyers had offered the RBR employee £650K to settle the matter - she refused the offer. That means that the very next day after Horner was informed that the decision to fire him had been taken, he tried to get rid of the complaint, source of his dismissal.

If all this is true, then the relationship between Horner and Red Bull Austria must have been broken beyond repair. Could help explain why Jos Verstappen can afford to openly and boldly challenge Horner and insist that he must leave RBR.
With what Jos has been through and some ugly things they are too lets face it, Jos is out of his league and has no right to say in what he is thinking should happen with RBR management.
Appreciate 3
Andrew2180.00
GuidoK11078.50
      03-05-2024, 07:29 AM   #508
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I still think all of this is click bait non-sense...Max isn't going anywhere!!! 95% Horner isn't going anywhere or even causing a distraction within the team. Don't know what to think about Jos other than attention getting.

None of this makes any common sense.

If I belonged to a winning team, led by a winning TP with the world's most dominate driver AND best designer would I give a $hit about any of this? NO, I'd take winning, my salary and bonus, keep my mouth shut and enjoy every minute of it.
Appreciate 5
GuidoK11078.50
M5Rick61553.50
dfox729.00
      03-05-2024, 08:04 AM   #509
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
With what Jos has been through and some ugly things they are too lets face it, Jos is out of his league and has no right to say in what he is thinking should happen with RBR management.
I don't know. Jos might know things we don't know.
I'm absolutely not a Jos Verstappen fan, but what if this is all the result of CH wanting to get more power/ownership in RBR.
What if CH on purpose drove a stake between the austrian side and the thai side to create a conflict with the goal that one gives up their part in RBR (for CH to take over), with the risk that it all blows up and RBR falls apart?
So the scenario that RBR falls apart, Ford leaves, Newey leaves, half the team leaves...
So that would also mean Max' career could blow up. Just because CH wants more money/power.
I would be pissed too if my son trained for decades and he's now on the top of the field.
I mean by now it's probably clear this isn't about a relationship with an assistant anymore, and it probably has never been.
And we don't know Max' feelings about this. He can't yell at CH, CH is his boss. But Jos can. We all know Jos is a loose cannon, but this could be Jos also displaying Max' feelings without putting Max on the line.

But for sure we know there's something serious going on in the powerstruggle at RBR. I've never seen the Yoovidhya family be so prominent at a race and close to CH in front of all the camera's.
CH wanted to make a very powerful statement there in Bahrain.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 03-05-2024 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61553.50
      03-05-2024, 08:19 AM   #510
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
On Thursday the next episode of The Rich and The Relentless Formula One Bahrain Style will air, be sure to tune in for the exciting developments. Will Christian Horner reveal he truly is the Anti Christ? Will Adrian Newey admit he is going to Haas F1 for a new challenge? Will Max Verstappen confirm he is the love child of Toto Wolf and the mystery texting diva?
Appreciate 4
M5Rick61553.50
GuidoK11078.50
      03-05-2024, 08:28 AM   #511
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
On Thursday the next episode of The Rich and The Relentless Formula One Bahrain Style will air, be sure to tune in for the exciting developments. Will Christian Horner reveal he truly is the Anti Christ? Will Adrian Newey admit he is going to Haas F1 for a new challenge? Will Max Verstappen confirm he is the love child of Toto Wolf and the mystery texting diva?
Good one
Appreciate 4
M5Rick61553.50
GuidoK11078.50
      03-05-2024, 08:39 AM   #512
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I'm absolutely not a Jos Verstappen fan, but what if this is all the result of CH wanting to get more power/ownership in RBR.
What if CH on purpose drove a stake between the austrian side and the thai side to create a conflict with the goal that one gives up their part in RBR (for CH to take over), with the risk that it all blows up and RBR falls apart?
So the scenario that RBR falls apart, Ford leaves, Newey leaves, half the team leaves...

So that would also mean Max' career could blow up. Just because CH wants more money/power.
I would be pissed too if my son trained for decades and he's now on the top of the field.
I mean by now it's probably clear this isn't about a relationship with an assistant anymore, and it probably has never been.
And we don't know Max' feelings about this. He can't yell at CH, CH is his boss. But Jos can. We all know Jos is a loose cannon, but this could be Jos also displaying Max' feelings without putting Max on the line.

But for sure we know there's something serious going on in the powerstruggle at RBR. I've never seen the Yoovidhya family be so prominent at a race and close to CH in front of all the camera's.
Why would RB blow-up just because CH takes more control?

Newey wouldn't leave, Max wouldn't leave, CH is great TP. CH being part owner sounds like a good thing to me

Plus, so what if Ford leaves? Another manufacturer would happily step in.

Don't think Max would grenade his career just because JOS has a weed up his a$$.
Appreciate 5
M5Rick61553.50
GuidoK11078.50
      03-05-2024, 08:39 AM   #513
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post

As you mentioned Yoovidhya family CH is stable and probably wants a part share like Woolf has in Merc, a whopping 33% he has so can't see why Jos is against that and what it's even to do with him.
Poor 'ol Geri is probably looking at all this in amazement wondering what on earth is going on
Appreciate 4
      03-05-2024, 08:47 AM   #514
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I still think all of this is click bait non-sense...Max isn't going anywhere!!! 95% Horner isn't going anywhere or even causing a distraction within the team. Don't know what to think about Jos other than attention getting.

None of this makes any common sense.

If I belonged to a winning team, led by a winning TP with the world's most dominate driver AND best designer would I give a $hit about any of this? NO, I'd take winning, my salary and bonus, keep my mouth shut and enjoy every minute of it.
Have seen that Ferrari film in it's entirety, oh man! the true story of the cost of the surviving no 535 Ferrari car winning that '57 Mille Miglia race with the accident deaths of spectators with children, threats, love affairs and gun threats completely overshadow with what's going on behind the scenes in between the races now.
Appreciate 4
      03-05-2024, 09:28 AM   #515
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Don't think Max would grenade his career just because JOS has a weed up his a$$.
Do you think CH would fire Max just because Jos had a falling out?

Quote:
Plus, so what if Ford leaves? Another manufacturer would happily step in.
And who would that be? They've been working on this deal for over a year now. With only 1,5 years before the 2026 season, a switch of manufacturer could be devastating.

Quote:
Why would RB blow-up just because CH takes more control?
If push comes to shove, the thai won't back CH. If this causes a rupture in the RB mothercompany, they won't risk the billions of dollars at stake.
CH isn't worth the billions of dollars.
Creating mistrust at the top can be devastating for a company. And CH might just have done this if he went around the back of the austrian division.
I think this will result in that either CH goes or Mintzlaff goes.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 03-05-2024 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 3
      03-05-2024, 09:39 AM   #516
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
And was there an orgy or not ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61553.50
GuidoK11078.50
      03-05-2024, 09:42 AM   #517
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
My friend, Jos is his blood dad but with what he's been through in his life, some being terrible and with Benetton together with the other teams, it's time for Max to tell dad to get back to his successful race accessory shop to continue his good business there and let Max decide himself what is best for him replacing his dad with another level headed manager.
Actually It's very complicated my friend ...
MAX and Jos are 'One . When MAX is racing there will be always a part from Jos in the car ..
That can't be otherwise , everything and every single detail about racing and how MAX is racing today comes from Jos .
MAX is the best driver in the world , but also in the 'rain . Thanks to Jos ..
Jos stands already for 20+ years behind MAX , as you know MAX started to race when he was 4 YO .

BTW : Jos won't be present next weekend in Jeddah , because he will race too in the Rally competitions .
Jos is driving very well , last week he was P5 here in Belgium in the Haspengouw rally .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61553.50
GuidoK11078.50
      03-05-2024, 09:48 AM   #518
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
You will have to tune in to find out.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61553.50
      03-05-2024, 09:54 AM   #519
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Actually It's very complicated my friend ...
MAX and Jos are 'One . When MAX is racing there will be always a part from Jos in the car ..
That can't be otherwise , everything and every single detail about racing and how MAX is racing today comes from Jos .
MAX is the best driver in the world , but also in the 'rain . Thanks to Jos ..
Jos stands already for 20+ years behind MAX , as you know MAX started to race when he was 4 YO .

BTW : Jos won't be present next weekend in Jeddah , because he will race too in the Rally competitions .
Jos is driving very well , last week he was P5 here in Belgium in the Haspengouw rally .
For sure Jos is part of Max and he's with him every step of the way, but this business is way over his head and the best thing he can do is to support Max with what he thinks is right and Max will appreciate that as time goes on.
I wish Jos the best of luck in the rally with his quick Skoda

Last edited by M5Rick; 03-05-2024 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 2
GuidoK11078.50
      03-05-2024, 09:59 AM   #520
M5Rick
General
Rep

...and of course the wolf will now be doing his utmost 'behind the scenes' to destabilise RBR for any advantage.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK11078.50
      03-05-2024, 10:10 AM   #521
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
I don’t even know how to explain the situation. Even after everything that has happened, do we even know what he’s really being accused of other than “inappropriate behaviour”? What does that even mean? Clearly it has to be something more if this whole thing isn’t being stopped even after the investigation because it’s just one thing after another.

And I think this is what the team principles are referring to. This isn’t about accusing Horner before being proved innocent. Be transparent about the situation because at the end of the day, this isn’t about Horner and Red Bull, this is about protecting F1 even if they seem to be going down this path where it’s casting a shadow over the sport.
Appreciate 4
GuidoK11078.50
M5Rick61553.50
      03-05-2024, 10:19 AM   #522
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I don’t even know how to explain the situation. Even after everything that has happened, do we even know what he’s really being accused of other than “inappropriate behaviour”? What does that even mean? Clearly it has to be something more if this whole thing isn’t being stopped even after the investigation because it’s just one thing after another.

And I think this is what the team principles are referring to. This isn’t about accusing Horner before being proved innocent. Be transparent about the situation because at the end of the day, this isn’t about Horner and Red Bull, this is about protecting F1 even if they seem to be going down this path where it’s casting a shadow over the sport.
I am lost in space as much as you and I just heard Jos didn't invite Christian to his birthday party.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK11078.50
      03-05-2024, 10:22 AM   #523
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
...and of course the wolf will now be doing his utmost 'behind the scenes' to destabilise RBR for any advantage.
That won't help him .
Wolff should keep an eye on LEW in the Mercedes box , LEW was shooting hundreds pics from the W15 with his smartphone.

Ferrari Fred would be very happy to see the pics !
And that's the next F1 soap in the making...

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61553.50
GuidoK11078.50
      03-05-2024, 10:32 AM   #524
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
You will have to tune in to find out.
Horner and Jos wouldn't have a chance to drag that Red Bull chick !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61553.50
GuidoK11078.50
      03-05-2024, 10:44 AM   #525
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I am lost in space as much as you and I just heard Jos didn't invite Christian to his birthday party.
About what I said yesterday about Ben . Ben is screwed too !

Let's go for the next F1 soap ...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick61553.50
      03-05-2024, 11:03 AM   #526
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
About what I said yesterday about Ben . Ben is screwed too !

Let's go for the next F1 soap ...
Could be something to do with what ALO had been speaking his mind about FIA before but it's backfired on Ben with that questionable time penalty.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2024, 11:44 AM   #527
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:

i think we all know the answer to this question. the real question is how many men, and whose pic was passed around.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2024, 12:40 PM   #528
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
i think we all know the answer to this question. the real question is how many men, and whose pic was passed around.
Well...We know who she is , and how she looks like .

IMHO , she looks so innocent . But she Isn't

The mole/s remains a mystery and I wouldn't trust Wolff !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick61553.50