M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Production BMW 8 Series leaked !!

01-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #265
2010E92LCI
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFreaky View Post
That rear end
Appreciate 1
supra932483.00
      01-11-2018, 08:49 PM   #266
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Just Stop Bmw

Back end looks like a women with wide hips and a flat butt..just build the cars you show, I hope i am wrong but if your a true fan of BMW tell em the truth. FUGLY
Appreciate 1
supra932483.00
      01-11-2018, 09:38 PM   #267
ghost34
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
from aston to rcf
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 10:41 PM   #268
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

I fear what happened with the previous 8 series has happened here. The 8 was released a little late to the party and the market had moved on in terms of design and technology. Concept was way better!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 11:25 PM   #269
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
Just awful. I made the right decision getting out of my i8 and into an AMG GT. This thing is an abomination.
You know, that MB GTR is not a looker either... another abomination.
From the design to colors and wheels that vehicle is a puke. Sorry.
I guess that between the two I might stick with the 8...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 03:31 AM   #270
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post
Speak for yourself lol. I was looking forward to this. It's not bad but the current 6er looks better.
Must admit I love the interior of the current 6er and it’s overall appearance is pretty nice too (I say current, but the 2 door seems to have now disappeared from the bmw configurator so I guess it is no more) a low mileage used one will now be a bargain though!
Appreciate 1
Auricom4363.00
      01-12-2018, 03:39 AM   #271
scoobysaurus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozydog View Post
Must admit I love the interior of the current 6er and it’s overall appearance is pretty nice too (I say current, but the 2 door seems to have now disappeared from the bmw configurator so I guess it is no more) a low mileage used one will now be a bargain though!
Yeah lol they depreciate like crazy that's why I didn't bother selling it. Still runs like new and I love it so why take the hit for nothing. Thought about the 8er but so far I haven't been too impressed. Which is sad because the bulk of 8 series customers will be existing 6 series owners so BMW should've done more to make it stand out. I'll reserve my final judgment till I see it in the flesh and drive it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 12:26 AM   #272
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

another ugly lexus...
      01-13-2018, 12:29 AM   #273
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
the gtr is pretty cool. wouldn't buy it though, but cool nevertheless
      01-13-2018, 02:54 AM   #274
fiftee50
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: -

When viewing distorted angles, it's important to understand how undistorted angles show the true form of any 3d object. The leaked shots give the impression of a tall flat car when in reality the 8 is quite low and sleek.

Pictures from Autocar.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #275
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

I genuinely don't know how this car will sufficiently differentiate from the 6
      01-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #276
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
You've got to be kidding me...I know beauty is within the eye of the beholder but the AMG GT-S/C/R is a beautiful car. I actually prefer the regular (new) GT-C without the big wing of the R and all but nonetheless, the car is beautiful from every angle and the interior is deadly.

I'm a long time BMW fan, I've owned 4 different BMWs, ranging from a 2005 330ci to a 2016 X5 diesel (insert 2 M cars, M3 and M6 in the middle) but BMW has absolutely lost its way. BMWs used to be special, I would never look at Benz or Audi back in my BMW days but today that has changed big time. Look at a base model 3 series and a base model C300. The C300 interior on its own blows the 3 series out of the water.

The interior pics of the 8 series shown in this thread are literally a joke. I almost don't want to believe this is real because I cant understand how that centre stack made it in $100k+ flagship BMW. Have you seen a S-Class coupe interior? It is absolutely stunning in everyway.

Anyways, to each their own I guess!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #277
JRobUSC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray 2019 330i xDrive

I will grant that the interior is underwhelming in photos, but I didn't think the concept interior looked particularly special, either, so I'll reserve judgement until I can see it in person.

Regarding the exterior, good Lord people, you're basing 13 pages and counting of vitriol off a single, distorted, low res, weird angle photo? Seriously? One picture, taken from a downward angle at the trunk, that's all it takes to whip you all into a frenzy, that's how ready you are to bash anything that BMW does? Folks, there are hundreds of photos and videos of the camoflaged production car running around. You can tell the shape of the car from those, and based on those hundreds of high res images and videos vs the single weird angle low res one, I am confident the exterior of the car is going to be striking and am excited to see it.
Appreciate 1
CalCarNut1060.50
      01-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #278
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

It is unbelievable the level of condemnation on this forum on anything new from BMW and the glee if BMW sales data do not hold up and the silence when BMW sales data are good. It almost seems as if some want BMW to fail as a company.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #279
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
I will grant that the interior is underwhelming in photos, but I didn't think the concept interior looked particularly special, either, so I'll reserve judgement until I can see it in person.
Well...I think it is fair to say that if the concept interior didn't look "particularly special" to you. Why would the actual production car be any better? Unfortunately that's not how it works...in other words if you think the concept wasn't "particularly special" then there is no need to reserve judgement because the production model will certainly be worse.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #280
MessageMan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M 235i

Pretty done with the Bimmerpost crowd and their current gen BMW sentiment, especially after the reaction to this reveal.
Appreciate 1
Dlowm34.50
      01-14-2018, 02:37 AM   #281
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedR8 View Post
You've got to be kidding me...I know beauty is within the eye of the beholder but the AMG GT-S/C/R is a beautiful car. I actually prefer the regular (new) GT-C without the big wing of the R and all but nonetheless, the car is beautiful from every angle and the interior is deadly.

I'm a long time BMW fan, I've owned 4 different BMWs, ranging from a 2005 330ci to a 2016 X5 diesel (insert 2 M cars, M3 and M6 in the middle) but BMW has absolutely lost its way. BMWs used to be special, I would never look at Benz or Audi back in my BMW days but today that has changed big time. Look at a base model 3 series and a base model C300. The C300 interior on its own blows the 3 series out of the water.

The interior pics of the 8 series shown in this thread are literally a joke. I almost don't want to believe this is real because I cant understand how that centre stack made it in $100k+ flagship BMW. Have you seen a S-Class coupe interior? It is absolutely stunning in everyway.

Anyways, to each their own I guess!
Nope, not kidding you, that MB GTR us ugly as $#!t
Like really ugly.

Mercedes, another story, obviously we are on the oppsite sides in regards with taste, very hard to find uglier interiors than Mercedes these days. Ipad”s glued to the center dash and furniture all the way, round sticking out air vents that look like toilet pipes, feminine shape and edges that define it like a fish or a fruit rather than a vehicle, ultra feminine buterfly tail lights that are terrible....
On top of that I will never buy a Mercedes and actualy did not even bother to stop by by their stand in any auto show in the last 13 years or so, nothing masculine that represents me and my style.
In top of that Mercedes rusts like crap, no anticorosive bath for the money they are asking, just a joke. I can see the rust in 3-4 years old Mercedes.
Since the SL Coupe that was up to my taste, there is not ONE vehicle that makes me look towards that company. They can keep them.
S Class interior? Makes me puke man. Literaly.
Thee is nothing in Mercedes interior that I like. Not my style, sorry.

In regerads with the interior of the 8, that might be one of the things that I like. I can not stand the glued ipad on the dash or the phalic shifter. A different reiteration of the actual 6 series is welcomed by me, I believe that 6 series has one of the most beautiful interiors ever done, period.
You are criticizing the 8 Series interior and point toward the S class? Is this a joke? Look at that S class dash board and that long double screen...

But, as you said, each with its own.
I stick with mine.

I am waiting for the new 3 Series, the new Z, or the 8.

BMw screwed up big time too with the hood line, ipad sticking in the middle, some FWD platforms and the stretched headlamps and huge grills. I skipped this 3 series generation for the hoodline and headlamps.

I wish I can get the Alpina D5 in here, that would be my choice period. If not, the new X4 or 6 will do.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 06:17 AM   #282
JRobUSC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedR8 View Post
Well...I think it is fair to say that if the concept interior didn't look "particularly special" to you. Why would the actual production car be any better? Unfortunately that's not how it works...in other words if you think the concept wasn't "particularly special" then there is no need to reserve judgement because the production model will certainly be worse.
Sure there is. I said I didn’t think it looked special in photos. The people who DID get to see it in person, however, and sit in it, touch it, etc., seemed pleased enough with the interior. None of the articles I saw mentioned the interior as a weak point, at least, so therefore I will wait until I can do the same rather than damning the car because of one low res interior photo that only shows the center stack. Just like I’m not going to “unsee” hundreds of spy photos and videos that clearly indicate the car is very faithful to the concept shape just because of one low res, distorted, downward angle photo of the trunk. You want to yell “the sky is falling” over two pics, go for it. There’s 13 pages of it already, and thousands of pages on other threads where people just bitch, whine, and complain about anything and everything BMW does. I have a feeling the 8-series won’t end up needing to be one of them when we actually see it.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 06:19 AM   #283
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
BMW now make the ugliest European cars. Thats quite the achievement.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 1
supra932483.00
      01-14-2018, 08:41 AM   #284
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFreaky View Post
I hope BMW discontinues this weird gray "sporty" Diffuser color.

Go back to the days when there was an M and there was a Sport Pack.

Like the e46- great example of adding a sport pack that was beautiful.

Next 3 will be m340i and that gray diffuser is here for another go around.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 09:49 AM   #285
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK479 View Post
I hope BMW discontinues this weird gray "sporty" Diffuser color.

Go back to the days when there was an M and there was a Sport Pack.

Like the e46- great example of adding a sport pack that was beautiful.

Next 3 will be m340i and that gray diffuser is here for another go around.

I'm personally fine with this styling cue as long as the color leans towards black, not grey as on the first generation 1 Series for example. Unfortunately the hue seems to vary among models up to this day, hopefully it will ultimately freeze to jet black across the lineup and match the other M Sport specific bits (grille slats, Shadowline window trim, lower bumper air intake trim, Air Breather trim...).

The obvious point of this design effect being, I think, to visually simulate a void in that area, like on a racing car with an actually functional diffuser, so the darker the color, the better the illusion. The actual effect is making the rear visually slimmer and more athletic and as if standing with feet wider apart.

Last edited by advantage20; 01-14-2018 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 03:06 PM   #286
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
It is unbelievable the level of condemnation on this forum on anything new from BMW and the glee if BMW sales data do not hold up and the silence when BMW sales data are good. It almost seems as if some want BMW to fail as a company.
Depends, are we condemning the commercial potential of it or are we ventilating our disappointment for not delivering the dream they promised with the prototype? Honestly, I only read the latter.

ps, every manufacturer with tifosi, presenting highly desirable prototypes and delivering rather bland production versions will see this phenomenon.
Appreciate 0